BRAND NEW TO THE DARLING DOWNS
Eleanor’s Creative Interiors is the first again!
Australian Made and Owned
Very Safe to Use even if Pregnant
Easy to use and FUN
No Sanding required before you start
No Stripping of old surfaces
No Priming on most surfaces
So many effects to be achieved
Work that’s fun gets done!
I bought this solid wooden cupboard from the Antique Store in Dalby for very few dollars. Check out the change!
Finished and in my bathroom holding those bulky towels. This was my first go at a project and it was easy.
Note the handle that I saved from another project. M and F Paint will stick to everything including metal and glass!
Easy Steps to re-purpose
Free from a through out pile in Brisbane. It was almost toxic but with potential.
Normally you wouldn’t need to sand but because it’s mate wasn’t as scratched as this one I did do a bit of sanding. I also noted the dark stain at the front of the top.
- I chose a colour from the large range of M and F paints. This one is called Noosa. It is actually lighter than what it looks here.
- I dusted off the dust and critters and started to paint! No sanding No primer required
- After the second coat had dried I finished them with paint on acrylic sealer
- Two coats of Noosa but
- The stain I saw was a problem and kept bleeding into the paint
- No worries. A couple of coats of the acrylic sealer and no bleeds
Now the Fun really starts!
- I chose a stencil from the large range from M and F
- Taped to the cleaned and dried surface
- Got out Frank’s Fondant and a Squeegee
Now that is sexy!
- Two coats of King Island Paint.
- Replaced the stencil over the raised relief and taped it down
With a feather brush I accented the relief with Noosa
How easy is this to really highlight and accent.
- A light sanding makes the draw ready
- Wax with M and F Cannuba Wax
- Polish with a clean cloth. I like old tea towels.
- Two coats of King Island White
- Sand back to your taste
- Wax and polish
Waiting for new Draw Pulls. I think I will buy some cheep square ones and paint them Noosa as well.
Check out the sheen after waxing and polish.
Remember what I started off with ?
Cost me $60 in product + Creativity + Fun Time = Absolutely Fabulous!
Drab to Fab